Monday, December 5, 2016

December 5, 2016 - I LOVE CANADA!!!!!

I LOVE CANADA!!!!!

So I have successfully survived my first few days in Canada and life could not be any better!!!! I absolutely love being a missionary! I have the best trainer in the entire world! Her name is Sister Call and we are already best friends! She is from Colorado and she went to BYU for a year before her mission as well! We have the best time together! 

We had our first snowfall this week and let's just say I'm not a big fan of the cold ha ha it's been below freezing for the last few days and it's continually getting worse. It's going to be a long winter! Good thing we have a car! Hydroplaning is kind of the worst and hopefully we don't do too much of that anymore. Also the Spanish speaking missionaries cover a huge area so we have to drive... a lot. 

The branch that we work with is seriously the best and I love all of the members already! They feed us all the time and help us out so much! It's the best. The best part of my week was when some random guy paid for our food at Costa Vida. Wow what a blessing. I don't think I've ever been so happy in my entire life!!! 

On the other hand, there is a mouse in our apartment that we have been trying to catch for the last few days... his name is jimmy and he needs to go. 

We had a baptism for a little boy in the ward this week and the font wasn't filling up fast enough so we had to carry huge pots of water back and forth from the kitchen to fill it... for an hour and a half! It all worked out though! 

All of the missionaries in our branch are the best and I love every second here! 

Well I gotta head out but thanks for all the love and emails!!!
Love, 

Hermana Thorstenson!

PS they don't have Chick-fil-A in canada and it makes me very sad...





If you would like to email or write to me, my contact information is below:

Mark Mail (Send via USPS - NOT Fedex or UPS)
Mark boxes as "Missionary Supplies"
Hermana Rachel Thorstenson
Canada Calgary Mission
7044 Farrell Rd. SE
Calgary AB T@H OT2
Canada

Email Address
rachel.thorstenson@myldsmail.net



No comments:

Post a Comment