Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Week 2 Saturday, October 22, 2016

October 22, 2016 Hey everyone! It's crazy to think that this is my second week as a missionary! It really is true when they say "the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days!" Everything starts running together haha I feel like a sponge that's being sprayed by a firehouse. So much to take in and so little space in my brain. It's great though. My spanish is coming along though! I say "Lo siento" almost every other sentence haha I have more flash cards than I know what to do with! Ok funny story. So in my district, there are 8 elders along with my companion and I. Everyone is going stateside spanish except for me. All of our departure dates from the MTC were supposed to be Around Novemeber 22nd. Well our district leader came in the other day and announced there had been some changes. He would be leaving on October 31st along with a few other elders and everyone elses dates had been changed too. The worst part was, he told me I wouldn't leave until December 8th!!!!! I started freaking out. Like pure horror and confusion. Then he announced that my companion wouldn't be leaving until december 26th!!! That made absolutely no sense so we were both having minor panic attacks! Then they started laughing and told us it was just a joke and we would be leaving on November 22nd. I was so angry but I have to admit it was pretty funny haha I sit in a classroom with the same 10 people for 9 hours every single day so you could say we are all getting pretty close haha the only time you take breaks are to eat or exercise. I am so tired some days but thats when I just pray extra hard! The spirit is so strong in the MTC and I'm so grateful to be here!!! I know that this is where I'm supposed to be! The Lord knows each of us individually and knows our worries and concerns. He can help us through anything! Also shoutout to all my friends that I run into at the temple on sundays!!! It makes me so happy to see a familiar face every once in a while!!! Much love from the Provo MTC! Adios! -Hermana Thorstenson

No comments:

Post a Comment