Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017

Well I do not know how it is already Monday again... but I guess I cannot complain! Time flies on the mission! I swear I fall in love with this place more and more every day! Therefore, at the begging of the week, I looked at my companion Sister Call and told her that this was going to be the best week of our missions so far.... So it was a pretty dang good week. 

The week started with a wonderful P-day. I mean how can you complain about grocery shopping and playing basketball?!?!? You just can't. In addition, everyone will be happy to hear that my basketball skills are slowly but surely improving every single week... I might try out for the WMBA when I get back to the states ha-ha

On Tuesday, we had zone conference! There was a policy change so now we have zone conference and interviews with the president every single transfer instead of every other transfer. I just love zone conference because we can refocus our efforts and re-center ourselves on the purpose of our work as missionaries. This conference, we focused on member missionary work and the gospel of Jesus Christ. Members are so crucial in missionary work! I never realized that until I got out here! We depend on them so much. I am just so grateful to be able to work with such and incredible ward! The members are so missionary minded and I love it! Another thing that we were trained on is how to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ in 5 minutes. That means we talk about faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end all in 5 minutes! It seems like a lot to go over but Christ taught simply so we can do it to. 

After zone conference, we had a meeting with our mission president about the Spanish program. There are currently only 11 Spanish missionaries serving here so we all have to speak with him and his wife about our struggles, concerns and way to improve. We have been blessed with such an incredible mission president!

As for the rest of the week, we taught many lessons and did regular missionary work! We had exchanges on Wednesday so I was with an English speaking missionary all day but I was still in my area which meant I did all the talking in Spanish ha-ha My Spanish seems to be improving so that's a blessing! We also helped a family pack up their house because they are moving to Ecuador this week! I will attach pics! I love all the people we help/teach! 

Ok funny story time. We were stuck waiting for a train for 20 MINUTES yesterday!!!! We were literally a block away from our dinner appointment but ended up being 20 minutes late because of the stupid train ha-ha you could say I am working on my patience ha-ha 

Well the church is true! Have a great week! Love you all!


-Hermana Thorstenson 








If you would like to email or write to me, my contact information is noted below. 



Send via USPS (Not UPS) or FedEx to:
Mark boxes as "Missionary Supplies"
Hermana Rachel Thorstenson
Calgary Canada Mission
7044 Farrell Rd. SE
Calgary AB T@H OT2
Canada

email address is 


No comments:

Post a Comment